Easy snowman pizza recipe
The wonderful thing about this pizza is you don't need any extra fancy ingredients to make it! Just a few extra additions turn this regular pizza into a cute winter inspired snowman! If your kids aren't fans of the arugula for the scarf, a bell pepper or tomatoes work too!
Snowman pizza recipe
Serves about 8
For the crust:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the topping:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 marinara or pizza sauce
- Black olives
- 1 small carrot sliver
- Arugula for the scarf
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, yeast and water. Let sit for about 10 minutes, or until foamy. Add in the flour, oil and salt and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until soft and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cut off 1/3 of the dough and set aside.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the larger part of the dough into a medium-size circle. Place on the greased pizza pan. Roll out the smaller piece of dough into a smaller circle. Place on top of the medium circle, slightly overlapping the medium piece.
- Cover the medium and small circles with tomato sauce, leaving about 1/2 inch border of dough. Cover the sauce liberally with cheese. Using the olives, make two eyes, a mouth and buttons. Place the carrot sliver above the mouth for the nose.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Using the arugula, make a scarf around the bottom of the head.