Honeyed grilled sweet potatoes
Fall and sweet potatoes go hand-in-hand. Liven up your sweet potato menu with this grilled version that is perfect for enjoying the last few days of grill-friendly weather and can be made on a grill pan indoors as well! Honey and black pepper add tons of flavor!
Honeyed grilled sweet potatoes recipe
Makes 2 whole sweet potatoes
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice the potatoes into rings about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the rings in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 8-9 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost done.
- Drain immediately.
- While the potatoes are boiling stir together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- When the potatoes are drained toss them in the mayonnaise mixture to coat.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium heat until it sizzles when a little water is sprinkled on top.
- Spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the potato slices on the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes per side until there are definitive grill marks and the potatoes are cooked all the way through.
- While the potatoes are grilling, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and remaining honey until smooth.
- When the potatoes are done cooking pour the lemon juice mixture over the top.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.