Giant cinnamon roll biscuits
Cinnamon roll biscuit recipe
Yield 8 x 8-inch pan
There is nothing more delicious than ooey and gooey cinnamon rolls. Sadly, you are only left with two options when making them. Either buy them from the store or make your own. The problem with making your own is that they can take quite the process. Lots and lots of waiting. This is why we have made your life just a little bit easier! We have taken the delicious flavor of cinnamon rolls and put it into an easy to throw together biscuit!
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (divided)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and salt.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix until combined. The dough will be wet and sticky but should be firm. Shape into a flat rectangle.
- Slice the dough into eight equal pieces and lay four of the slices into the pan. They should fit snuggly into the pan.
- Sprinkle the filling and half the cinnamon chips onto of the biscuits. Top with the remaining four dough squares and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon chips.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown and delicious.
- Spread the topping on the hot biscuits and enjoy!
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and set it aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. If the topping is too thick, simply add more heavy cream. If it's too runny, add more powdered sugar.