Homemade Take-5 bars
Homemade Take-5 bar recipe
Yields 24 bites
The checkout lane can be the most dangerous of the entire grocery store. Row after row of candy bars -- calling for you to buy them. Luckily, you can now walk right past them without even a second glance. You can go home and in under 15 minutes you can have yourself a homemade, totally delicious bite-size candy bar. This homemade Take-5 bar is a perfect combination of pretzel, peanut butter, caramel and chocolate. It's crunchy, sweet, gooey and dipped in chocolate. What's not to love?
- 24 square pretzels
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup melted caramel
- 1 cup melted milk chocolate
- Cut out a piece of parchment or wax paper and lay out 24 pretzels.
- Using a butter knife add about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter to each pretzel. More or less depending on your love of peanut butter.
- Using a small spoon, add a drizzle of caramel to the top of the peanut butter. At this point you can either let your pretzels sit for a while until the caramel is hard or pop in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
- After the caramel is set, top with the chocolate. You can either dip the whole mixture into the chocolate or use a spoon to gently cover each bite. We find the second method to be a little more time consuming, but the outcome is better.