Apricot almond sticky buns
Apricot and almonds make the perfect pairing for a fruity take on sticky buns. Add a little cinnamon for warmth, and you have your family's new favorite breakfast treat!
Apricot and almond sticky buns
Makes 12 sticky buns
- 2 sheets puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar and almonds.
- Gently spoon the mixture evenly into the bottom of the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on a flat work surface and gently roll each piece of puff pastry to a 12 x 12-inch square.
- Spread each sheet evenly with 1/4 cup of the apricot jam.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon evenly over each sheet.
- Roll each sheet tightly into a log, and then cut into six pieces using a sharp knife.
- Place each piece cut-side-down into the butter mixture in the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes in the pan, then carefully invert onto another baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to get the almond mixture onto each sticky bun.
- Let cool completely before eating.