Easy sugar cookie pop recipe
Easy sugar cookie pops
Yields about 16 cookie pops
Not only are these adorable pops fun and tasty, they are lower in fat than most sugar cookies! These cookies use 1/2 the amount of butter but taste just as delicious. Lower sugar, adorable and kid-friendly -- what more could we want!
- 5 tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can also use almond)
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing well. In another bowl, carefully whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture, one cup at a time, mixing in between additions.
- Form a dough ball with the dough and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or wax paper. Place in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet in foil and liberally spray with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Then, roll each dough ball into shallow bowls filled with colored sprinkles until liberally covered. Or wait until the cookies have baked and frost them.
- Place the cookie balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Insert the lollipop sticks into each ball about 1-inch deep. (You want the sticks laying horizontal on the cookie sheet.)
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until set. Let the cookies cool completely before you remove from the sheet.