Spicy summer squash soup
Spice things up on warm summer nights with spicy summer squash soup! Summer squash is so plentiful this time of year that it can be hard to figure out how to use it all up. Put it to use with this not-too-spicy summer squash soup that has just a little bit of spicy kick the family will love.
Spicy summer squash soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can of Rotel
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add in the sliced squash, diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the 2 cups of vegetable broth and simmer it until the squash is soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender until the soup is a smooth consistency.
- Slowly add in the grated cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted completely.
- Add in Rotel, hot sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper and serve.