Serves about 4
Next time you need a quick and easy dish, don't call the pizza man or head to Taco Bell. Instead, make this delicious pizzadilla and fill it with your favorite pizza toppings! Easy, delicious and perfect for even your pickiest of eaters!
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- 1 ounce crumbled sausage
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup homemade marinara
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil in a glass jelly roll pan.
- Lie the tortillas flat and sprinkle about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over each one. Add a few pepperonis and pieces of sausage. Add an additional 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the tortillas with salt, pepper and crushed basil.
- Bake the tortillas for about 4 minutes. Then, carefully fold each tortilla over in half. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce and enjoy!