Green beans in a blanket recipe
Green bean blankets
Yields about 8
These cheesy snacks are made with flaky biscuit dough, part-skim cheese and fresh green beans, so they are healthy but still kid-friendly. Not only are they great for kids, they are perfect for picky husbands too. Who said getting your kids to eat vegetables had to be a battle? Serve up these cute little snacks and watch your kids (and hubbies) gobble them up.
- 24 fresh green beans (not frozen), washed
- 1 package frozen biscuit dough
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup part-skim shredded cheddar cheese
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unwrap the biscuit dough. Flatten and roll out each biscuit until about 1/3-inch thick.
- Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of cheese over each piece of dough. Place three green beans over the cheese, and repeat until all beans have been used.
- Sprinkle green beans with salt and pepper. Carefully wrap the dough around the beans and seal with your fingers. Drizzle olive oil over each bundle.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown, cheese has melted and beans are soft. Serve warm and enjoy!