Red, white and blue summertime spritzer
Celebrate the Fourth of July in style by making a fabulous spritzer filled with fresh red strawberries, blueberries frozen in ice cubes and coconut milk. Best enjoyed on a sunny summer day with loved ones.
Red white and blue 4th of July spritzer
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and quartered
- 1/4 cup super-fine sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups club soda
- To make the blueberry ice cubes, fill an ice cube tray 2/3 of the way full with water. Place two blueberries in each cube and freeze for 4-5 hours until completely frozen.
- To make the coconut milk ice cubes, fill an ice cube tray evenly with the 1/2 cup of coconut milk and freeze for 4-5 hours until completely frozen.
- To make the strawberry puree, add the berries and super-fine sugar to a food processor and process until completely smooth. Strain the seeds out if desired.
- To make the spritzer add 1/4 of the strawberry puree to the bottom of a glass.
- Pour 1 cup of club soda into the glass and then garnish with 2-3 blueberry ice cubes and 2-3 coconut milk ice cubes. As the ice cubes melt the drink will become creamy from the coconut milk.
More festive 4th of July recipes
recommended for you