3 Bite-size food recipes
Mini BLT pizza pies
Not only are bite-size snacks perfect for kids' tiny hands, but they are a great way to help manage portions as well! Instead of serving a large pizza where it's easier to eat a few slices, serve up mini bite-size pizzas, where even four of them don't equate to two full-size regular pizzas. Plus, these aren't just great for easy weeknight meals either! Next time you need a few quick appetizers for a last minute party, give these recipes a try! Easy and delicious, for adults and kids alike!
- 1 refrigerated can pizza crust
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 pieces of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Cooking spray
For the directions on how to prepare these mini pies, check out the recipe here on SheKnows!
Serves about 3
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, completely drained and pressed
- 1 cup of marinade
- 3/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Dashes of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once completely drained, cut tofu into small nuggets.
- Pour marinade into a bowl. Add tofu, cover and let sit in a fridge for at least an hour.
- While you wait, mix bread crumbs, spices, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- When tofu is completely marinated, take out of the fridge. Dip each nugget into the bread mixture and cover. Place on a prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all of the nuggets are covered.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, or until firm and crispy. Enjoy with dipping sauces!
Butternut squash soup shooters
Yields about 14 shooters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen butternut squash, defrosted
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces Brie cheese
For the directions on how to make these, check out the recipe here on SheKnows!