Easy dips for every taste
The kids are home for the summer and eating everything in the house. Friends are coming over for a fabulous outdoor dinner party. And you? You’ve got it under control with these simple dip recipes that can use interchangeable dippers and taste like a dream!
Spicy black bean dip
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil until translucent and tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 more minutes until the garlic is softened.
- Add the beans, spices and chicken stock and cook until everything is heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, using a potato masher, mash all of the ingredients together until desired consistency is reached.
- For a completely smooth dip it is best to process in a food processor.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vegetables and/or corn tortilla chips.
Lemon vanilla cream cheese dip
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Lemon zest (2 large lemons)
- Lemon juice (1 large lemon) about 1 tablespoon
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
- Serve cold with desired fruit, cookies or other desired dippers.