Cherry Coke cupcakes
Cherry Coke Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
It is so much fun to celebrate silly holidays with the kids. Make an otherwise ordinary day into something special by celebrating National Have a Coke Day with this Cherry Coke cupcake recipe. With whipped cream frosting and a cherry on top, these Cherry Coke cupcakes are reminiscent of a refreshing Coke float -- only without all the caffeine!
- 1 (16.5 ounce) box of chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup Cherry Coke
For the frosting:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- Maraschino cherries (to garnish, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine one box of chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and Cherry Coke in a large mixing bowl.
- Line your cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners. Fill each cupcake 2/3-full with cake batter. (Hint: If you use an ice cream scoop you will have the perfect size cupcakes every time!)
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the whipped cream frosting, chill a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once chilled, whip the heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cherry extract until the cream thickens and forms stiff peaks.
- Use an icing spatula or a piping bag to frost the cupcakes. Garnish with a cherry (if desired) and refrigerate until serving.