7 Ingredient marinara recipe
There are really only 7 ingredients in that delicious looking sauce, which makes it not only easy, but super budget friendly too. Plus, you can freeze extra sauce so you'll never run out! (Unless you're in my house where it's put on everything.) So maybe make two batches instead of one... trust me, it's that good.
7 Ingredient marinara
Serves about 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato purée
- 1/2 cup Parmesan-Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoning (like this)
* Plus liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, purée, cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 25 - 30 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve over your favorite Italian dishes!
Simple, easy and absolutely delicious!