Not the Perfect Cook: Lava cake in a crock pot
I envision Heaven smelling like gardenias and jasmine on one side — and chocolate on the other. Brownies are my favorite dessert. Until I came up with this recipe, that is. I make my Molten mocha chocolate lava cake in a crock pot because I get the best of both worlds. A brownie like consistency on the outside, oozing chocolate on the inside.
The most difficult aspect of this recipe is the 2 hours it takes in the crock pot. After 2 hours of smelling this heavenly mixture, get ready to taste pure fabulousness! So if you are looking for a dessert that is delicious, easy and will render you speechless, look no further.
Molten mocha chocolate cake in a crock pot
Serving size 6
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (flavor of your choice)
- Sliced strawberries or raspberries for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream (also for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla to dry ingredients, stirring well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Spray crock pot very well with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture inside of crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn off heat. The edges will be cake/brownie like and the center will have a gooey ooze factor.