3 Easy snacks for under 100 calories
Snacks like ants on a log, deviled eggs and trail mix are so tasty, it's hard to believe they are not only healthy, but are under 100 calories! Whether you are on the go from work to school, to soccer practice, or are just looking for a fun snack to enjoy before dinner, these bite size morsels will surely wow your family and keep your weight in check at the same time!
Ants on a log
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons low-fat peanut butter
- 18 raisins
- Wash celery thoroughly with water. Dry off. Place about 1/3 tablespoon of peanut butter into the cavity of each celery stick and spread it. Place 3 raisins on each and enjoy!
Light deviled eggs
Yields 6 eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil as garnish
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Bring water and eggs to a boil (about 4 minutes) and immediately remove from heat. Cover pan and let eggs sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove shells from eggs. Cut each hard-boiled egg in half and scoop out the yolks, placing them in a medium bowl.
- Mix egg yolks, salt, pepper and Greek yogurt together. If mixture is too dry, add additional Greek yogurt. Using a spoon, scoop yolk mixture into each egg. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with fresh basil leaf.
Easy trail mix
Yields about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Cheerios cereal
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- Mix cereal, chocolate chips, nuts and raisins together. Add salt to taste and enjoy!
Eating healthy was never so easy or so delicious!