Three must-have frozen meals for after delivery
Crockpot vegetable spaghetti sauce
This can be frozen in Ziploc bags flat in the freezer and heated up whenever dinner needs to be ready; serve hot over your favorite pasta shape! If you need added protein it's also great mixed with crumbled Italian sausage (pork or turkey).
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large onion, shredded
- 3 stalks celery, shredded
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (28 ounces) cans crushed tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Shred all of the veggies. However, you could chop them all and still have a delicious sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker, and set on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
The ultimate slow cooker chili
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (more if you want more heat)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground meat, sausage and add to a greased slow cooker.
- Mix together all other ingredients and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve with your favorite toppings and freeze the rest in plastic freezer bags (which can be flattened to save space).
Simple enchilada casserole
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large bowl mix together the chiles, soup, sour cream and diced chicken.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch pan with nonstick spray and layer four tortillas in the bottom (it's okay if they overlap).
- Spread with a 1/4 of the chicken mixture, and layer 1/2 a cup of spinach on top. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat three more times and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. Then remove the foil and let the cheese brown on top. Serve hot.