Edible necklace ideas
These favors will instantly keep the kids at any birthday party occupied for hours and will be a hit for the adults alike!
Ring candy string necklace
Yields 6 necklaces
This necklace is great because it doesn't require any prep work and can be made by anyone, even small kids!
- 4 - 5 packages of flavored ring candy
- 1 - 2 boxes of circle cereal (like Apple Jacks or Cheerios)
- 6 strings of multi-colored string or floss
- Assortment of other stringable candy
- Lay out string, candies and cereal. Let guests create their own necklaces by stringing a variety of candy, cereal and other bite size morsels on their necklaces! Tightly tie the ends of the string or floss and enjoy!
Gumball bead necklace
Yields 5 small necklaces
Because gumballs don't naturally have holes, this will require a bit of prep work by an adult before it can be assembled. See the step by step tutorial on 1 Fine Cookie.
- About 50 gumballs in different colors and sizes
- Multi-colored string
- Thumb tack
- 7/64 drill bit (or drill needle)
- Small sewing needle
- Using the thumbtacks, poke a hole into the center of the gumballs. Using the drill with a 7/64 drill bit, drill a hole through the center of the gumball (starting at the hole you poked with the thumbtack).
- Tie the string or ribbon around a small sewing needle and thread the string through the hole in the gumball. Repeat until you're happy with the number of gumballs on your necklace!