Homemade kid favorites -- pizza roll-ups
Roll-ups are a fun way to eat pizza without the additives that come in some frozen brands. These are great as a snack, or served with salad for a meal.
1 package pizza dough
4 tablespoons tomato sauce or pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste
- Roll pizza dough until flat and at desired thickness.
- Slice dough into medium-sized squares
- In the center of the dough slice, add sauce, cheese and toppings, a dash of garlic powder and oregano.
- Fold up bottom of square, then roll up.
- Bake according to dough directions until golden brown and cooked through
- Add small slices of ham, pepperoni or sausage.
- Add small slices of green pepper and black olives.
- Season sauce with a light dash of oregano or garlic powder.
- Try different cheese, like monterey jack or pepper jack.
- Roll up flour tortillas instead of dough.