Boasting a cultish-caliber following, Nutella is beloved as a sweet spread worldwide. Though this luscious combination of chocolate and hazelnut has been a breakfast staple in Europe for decades, its unparalleled deliciousness has turned it into a special ingredient for many indulgent recipes, ranging from drinks to desserts. Here are just three of the many Nutella recipes you can serve your family.
Nutella Swirl Muffins
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella, warmed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a 12-serving muffin pan with muffin liners. Spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until fully incorporated. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture to bowl and mix just until moist.
- Fill muffin pan with batter. Top each muffin with a dollop of Nutella and use a knife to swirl Nutella into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm with Greek yogurt or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutella Cheesecake Pie
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together and press onto the bottom and sides of a pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and Nutella until smooth.
- In a second bowl, whip cream with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into Nutella mixture.
- Transfer to the pie plate, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Shave dark chocolate onto the top of the filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Cinnamon Nutella Ice Cream
Inspired by a simple recipe from ChocolateandZucchini.com, I put a spicier spin on chocolate hazelnut ice cream with the warm flavors of cinnamon and cloves.
Makes 1-1/2 quarts
- 1-1/2 cups Nutella
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat Nutella, milk, cinnamon, and cloves until smooth.
- 2. Place bowl in the refrigerator to chill. Once cold, whisk again and freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.