PB&J ice cream cookie sandwiches
Peanut butter and jelly has become a decadent dessert! These peanut butter and jelly ice cream cookie sandwiches are not just for kids, either. Adults can indulge in these delicious mini ice cream cookie sandwiches.
PB&J Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 1, 18-ounce roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fruit preserves, flavor of your choice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out, and divide into 1-1/2-inch squares.
- Transfer cookie dough squares onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are slightly golden.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- On the bottom side of a cookie, spread about 1 teaspoon preserves, then top with a small scoop of ice cream (about 1-1/2 tablespoons).
- Place another cookie on top, and press together gently.
- Repeat with remaining cookies, jam, and ice cream.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for 4 to 48 hours.