Valentine's Day Recipe: Heart-Shaped Strawberry Shortcake
This Heart-Shaped Strawberry Shortcake recipe was created by high-school student and aspiring Chef Ashley Gelo. This Heart-Shaped Valentine's Day Strawberry Shortcake recipe starts with heart-shaped Springform cake pans and ends with creamy strawberry sauce spooned over golden yellow cake.
Photo by Melissa Dunlap
Heart-Shaped Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
1 Box French Vanilla cake mix
- Bake cake according to directions in in heart-shaped Springform pans
- Hull and slice strawberriesand put in a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and whipping cream to strawberries.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- Cool cake completely and remove from pans.
- Cut cakes in half and spoon strawberry sauce in the middle and on top of the cake.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of Cool Whip.