3 Simple suppers using French bread
French bread pizza
Always looking for new ways to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken? This French bread pizza recipe is a great one.
With three kinds of cheeses, garlic and red peppers, this recipe for French bread pizza is tasty and satisfying. Serve this chicken French Bread Pizza for lunch, as a snack or for dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup finely-diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together the first 7 ingredients (through black pepper).
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Spread butter mixture over each piece.
- Top with rotisserie chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over chicken.
- Bake 8-12 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Hamburger in French bread boat
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 pounds lean ground meat (ground finely)
- 2/3 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (sauteed lightly first)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Accent Seasoning (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated cheddar or American cheese
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in large bowl. Slice loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and scoop out center. Butter lightly.
- Put in thin layers of meat mixture and grated cheese finishing up with cheese. Wrap foil around bread only and bake in oven heated to 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- If crisp top is desired, turn oven to broil for last couple of minutes, being careful not to let it burn. Cut to desired number of servings. Serve along with big tossed salad for easy supper.
Barbecued beef rounds on French bread
- 6 pounds eye of round roast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Wipe beef with damp paper towels. Place in shallow baking dish. In small bowl, combine oil, ketchup, lemon juice, bay leaf, salt, pepper and rosemary. Pour over beef and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on high and drizzle with olive oil. Sear the roast on all sides before placing in a roasting pan in the oven. Remove when temperature probe reaches 130 degrees F to 140 degrees F for medium-rare.
- To serve, remove meat from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Slice thinly and serve on slices of buttered French bread with meat juices.