After school fondue recipe
Cheese fondues are a great way to encourage your children to eat vegetables. Carrots, celery and even broccoli tastes better when you get to dip it into a hot bowl of creamy cheese fondue. Fruit tastes especially decadent when paired with a kid-friendly fruit fondue, filled with the flavors of Greek yogurt and fluffy whipping cream. And, chocolate fondue tastes especially delicious when paired with vitamin-C rich strawberries, orange slices and crisp apples. Served with long skewers (for older kids) or cocktail toothpicks (for younger children), after school fondue is a fun, easy way to welcome your kids home from a long day at school.
Each of these recipes can be made in just minutes, and is 100 percent kid-approved. When making the chocolate fondue, keep in mind that some children don't like the bitter flavor of semi-sweet chocolate chips, however, milk chocolate chips make for a super-sweet fondue. Try combining a half cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a half cup of milk chocolate chips for the perfect, palate pleasing flavor.
Quick and Creamy Cheddar Cheese Fondue
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, stir together all ingredients until well-mixed. Microwave for 1 minute, stir.
- Return to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds, remove and stir again. Repeat until cheese is smooth and melted.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks, broccoli, pretzels, sliced hot dogs on toothpicks, apples and strawberries.
60-Second Chocolate Chip Fondue
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour cream into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave until steaming.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla allowing them to melt slightly before whisking the mixture together until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with strawberries, apple slices, orange slices, marshmallows, pretzels and graham crackers.
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and whipping topping until creamy.
- Serve with apple slices, strawberries, pineapple slices, bananas, graham crackers and brownie bites.