Spa princess party recipes
Set the scene
In addition to setting the scene with fresh flowers, relaxing music, and low lighting, you can serve a yummy variety of girl-friendly spa treats that will make them feel extra special. Cookbook author Beery, who is the founder of Batter Up Kids cooking school in Austin, Texas, provides princess spa party tips and tricks in her Spa Princess Cookbook, including recipes for fun spa-worthy edible treats. Along with the homemade spa treatments, you can serve nibbles of food, like ice cream bites, fruit sushi and little fruit cups, as well as colorful, thick, rich smoothies or sparkling punch. Here is Beery's recipe for Sparkling Princess Punch.
Sparkling Princess Punch
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Juice of 1 orange 4 cups cran-apple juice
- 1 liter sugar-free raspberry flavored sparkling water
- 2 cups assorted frozen whole strawberries and raspberries
- Into a large punch bowl, pour fresh orange juice through a strainer to catch pulp and seeds. Add cran-apple juice and sparkling water. Stir with a large spoon to blend.
- Add frozen berries as ice cubes and serve immediately.
Time to get pampered
Beery's homemade spa treatments may be made from delicious ingredients, but they are not edible. Store all treatments in sterilized airtight containers.
Hawaiian Fruity Facial
Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 ripe chilled papaya, peeled, sliced and seeded
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh-brewed green tea, cooled 1/4 cup honey
- Place papaya and pineapple in a blender and puree. Pour into a small bowl and stir in green tea and honey.
- Apply to face with fingertips or a cotton pad.
- Sit back and relax for 10 minutes. Rinse completely with warm water and carefully pat face dry.
- Apply moisturizer. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Fruit Bowl Body Smoothie
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1 banana, sliced 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using. Remove from refrigerator. Smooth onto arms and hands or feet and lower legs up to the knees. Place small plastic bags on hands and large plastic bags on feet.
- Sit back and relax.
- After 15 minutes, shower, towel dry, and apply regular moisturizer. Use immediately and discard leftovers.
Sweet Princess Sugar Scrub
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons baby oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Pink paste food coloring
- Stir sugar, honey, oil and extracts together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Dip the end of a toothpick into the food coloring and add a little to the mixture. Stir to blend.
- Use a tablespoon or two of sugar scrub on feet and hands to smooth and soothe. Rinse well with warm water and apply your favorite lotion. Will keep for 1 week.
- As spa princess party favors, print spa treatment recipes on decorative cards and send them home with the pampered party guests.